Monday, August 16, 2010

Time to Perfect or Optimize


Was out enjoying some golf at the beautiful Sierra Star golf course this w'end (the highest course in CA, set amongst the amazing backdrop of Mammoth Mountain)

I was happily playing with 2 or 3 balls, as I was really just focussed on enjoying the round as much as possible, and practicing
a.) now that's a real luxury, as I wasn't playing with anyone to hold them up, plus I choose a time when the course would be as empty as possible.

1. With this strategy, I was able to par every hole
a.) Now - I'm certainly not a scratch golfer, but with the luxury of a spare ball in my pocket, I was able to attempt one or two swings on every attempt
b.) That's not realistic in the long term
c.) I have to quickly transition into the discipline of only playing one ball
d.) And living with the consequences
e.) and not giving myself huge margins of error, to comfort with

2. I'm sure many of you look at the fitness models on magazines.
a.) Now they have the luxury of hours and hours everyday to try and prep themselves into aesthetic wonder
b.) Again - totally unrealistic in the real world
c.) Plus a case of, if they spend that much time and effort, they must surely be able to get decent results. (Just like my near-par golf)

Optimum living is all about efficiency and effectiveness
** It's the premise for Pineapple
** Getting the absolute most 'Bang for you buck"

get Juiced

PS. Life is too amazing to not be adventuring all areas of fitness and fun. (Brain fitness...)

Now the an

No comments: