Here's the 'typical' goal-setting approach 1. Set your goals (ie. know what you want) 2. Take action-steps towards your goals 3. Evaluate & analyze your progress & process 4. Adjust the action-steps & your approach based on your evaluation (#3)
HOWEVER! Doesn't really work like that in the 'real-world'
a.) Your thoughts are so clouded, you don't have clarity and truthful knowledge and desire of what you actually want b.) so you just keep spinning your wheels c.) depressing you, as you don't seem to get any closer to successes d.) then you keep trying (as you're motivated!) - hoping that somehow you're going to get a different result
You need someone to help you work out what you EXACTLY want is step one
Interesting research just completed at Oxford university in the UK: highlighting our amazing multi-sensory skills (remember: we are just a bunch of dynamic systems bundled together NOT a machine)
crisinel et al A bittersweet symphony: Systematically modulating the taste of food by changing the sonic properties of the soundtrack playing in the background
1. Found that the music played affected each person perception and response of the same food they all ate. 'bitter' music, forced them to respond that the food tasted 'bitter' and vice-versa with 'sweet' music and "sweet" taste!
Cherish the fact that you are merely trillions of cells befriended together! Galvanize, amplify and optimize the 'messages' they send to each other!
PS. Just like a Pineapple isn't a single fruit (but merely lots of fruitlets combined) so are we. A combined and connected system of wonder!
Present time can be hard, but life unfolds as it will and the universe will wait as we make our way into the unknown.
1. Our lives are guided by natural rhythms that are particular to each of us and cannot be altered by force of will alone.
2. Life itself is a journey made up of processes and events that manifest before us only to be swept away when time marches on.
3. Whatever you envision for yourself. Hold patience! We instinctively know when the time has come for us to realize the visions - because it'll all come together harmoniously.
4. When the time is right, destiny can't be blocked. Yet as desperate as we are to touch the amazing future we have visioned and imagined, we cannot grow if we aren't fully present in the NOW it's the evolutionary experience.
Science just being published Jones, M., Ambegoankar, J., et al. Effects of Unilateral and Bilateral Lower-Body Heavy ResistanceExercise on Muscle Activity and Testosterone Response. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2012.
highlights the amazing strength and anabolic power of single-leg squats
Also: the 'real-world' functionality is unsurpassed!
The Mighty Mitochondrion (featured above) is the secret to why 10+ mins of massage boost recovery and healing in your muscles.
Researchers at McMaster University announced today the highlights of a study that will be published in Feb. 1 issue of Science Translational Medicine. Massage works because of it signals muscle to make more mitochondrion. Mitochondrion have amazing healing properties it doesn't work because it helps clear lactic-acid from your muscles (proving the false myth of that)
PS. Bio-Oscillation also stimulates your muscles to make more mitochondrion, and only takes a few minutes! plus you don't need to hire a masseuse
a study of more than 1 million Americans published January 19 in the online edition of Obesity: In “Obesity and Pain Are Associated in the United States,” by Stony Brook University researchers Arthur A. Stone, PhD., and Joan E. Broderick, Ph.D.
they report A clear association between obesity and pain – with higher rates of pain identified in the heaviest individuals