Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Eve reflections

Not only the end of another year. It's the end of the decade!

1. Where do you want to be at the end of next year / next decade

2. What are you committed to.

Do this
a.) What worked well? - Simply taking the time to identify all of the things that worked really well for me in 2009 means that I can not only repeat these actions but commit to doing MORE of them… and sooner!

b.) What did I learn? - Every single success and ‘failure’ I make over the course of my year teaches me something and, as long as I pay attention to what I’m being taught, I can apply whatever I’ve learned to accelerate my results the next time around. Funnily enough, most people never really reflect on what they’ve learned in the previous year. Maybe that’s why they tend to make the same mistakes over and over and over and…

c.) What will I do next time? - Yes, I ask (and answer) this question BEFORE I set out on my next round of goals and dreams. This saves the make-it-up-as-I-go-along approach that most people seem to adopt on January 1st. By deciding IN ADVANCE what I’m going to do when faced with a certain problem or puzzle I’m going to avoid that reactive knee-jerk ‘thing’ that most people get when faced with a problem. Saves me so much hassle and negativity too!

Juice-it

No comments: